Digimon Savers (Season 5)
The fifth season of Digimon, announced at Jump Festa in late December 2005, is titled Digimon Savers, and started airing in Japan in April 2006, although there's only rumours of a dub so far, fuelled by this report. The official Savers site is located here.
From The Shining Evolution:
The story takes place in the near future. The existence of the Digital Monster has been confirmed by the discovery of the world inside the net, the Digital World. A leading researcher of the Digital World, Daimon Suguru, has made great efforts in beginning to understand the ecology of Digimon, and though they are rare, that there are evil Digimon. As a countermeasure against these Digimon, the government established the Digital World Special Investigation Corps, or DATS (Digital Accident Tactics Squad.) Professor Daimon's only son, Daimon Masaru, becomes a member of DATS, a scout, and along with Tohma and Yoshino, opposes evil Digimon.
From Digimon Himitsu:
Original Concept: Hongo Akiyoshi
Director: Itou Naoyuki
Series Composition: Yamaguchi Ryota
Character Design: Aoi Sayo
The above information was found in the Toei press release located here.
Savers started on April 2, 2006, at 9:00am on Fuji TV.
- The main characters are Daimon Masaru, the hero, aged 14; Tohma H. Norshtein, Masaru's rival, also 14; and Fujieda Yoshino, the heroine, aged 18.
- Savers partners include Agumon, who is the partner of the main character, Masaru; Gaomon, the partner of Masaru's rival Touma; and Lalamon, the partner of the heroine, Yoshino. Agumon digivolves to Jio Greymon (GeoGreymon), Gaomon digivolves to Gaogamon, and Lalamon digivolves to Sanfuraumon (Sunflowmon).
- A two-policewoman team called DATS has as its partner a Digimon named Poun Chesumon (PawnChessmon).
- Agumon appears in episode 1, while Gaomon and Tooma appear in episode 2.
- Perfect Level will appear sometime in July.
- The protagonist, Masaru, is
a second year Junior High student, and is undefeated in battle. Although
his skills with personal computers
are lacking, his father (now missing) is the leading authority on "Digital
He meets the Digital Monster Agumon, who has escaped from DATS (Digital Analysis and Testing Squad), a secret government organization. Despite terrible first impressions, the two become best friends by talking with their "fists".
With the other members of DATS, Masaru and Agumon work to investigate various incidents involving the Digital World and Digital Monsters, to try and get to the bottom of things... - Translated by Suzaku
- Note: Digital Analysis and Testing Squad is NOT an official translation. The full title given is "Digital Tokusou Tai", which roughly translates as "Digital Special Investigation Corps".
Title: Gouing! Going! My Soul!!
Artist: Dynamite SHU
Songwriter: Hiruma Tooru
Arranger: Cher Watanabe
Opening Theme #2
Title: Hirari (Nimbly)
Artist: Wada Kouji
Title: One Star
Artist: Ito Yousuke
Songwriter: Sakakibara Tomoko
Arranger: Oono Hiroaki
Ending Theme #2
Title: Ryuusei (Falling Star)
Songwriter: Yamada Hiroshi
Composer/Arranger: Ohta Michihiko
Gah, they're breaking the Ta/Da sound thing on the hero name x_x. Unless you count the surname? "Daimon"
After Digimon was cancelled, fans of the series set up an online petition, which can be viewed here. It's not clear whether this had anything to do with the decision on a new season.