The Pokémon Peninsula
gallery@ryux
Animeopolis
Digimon Intensity Project
RyuX Network Forums
 
mouseover heading to expand splash screen
news & updates
about us
contact us
site staff
FAQs
affiliate with us
link to us
link exchange
official links
awards we've won
our awards
support PW
future projects
newsletters
legal stuff
abbreviations used
Site Map
Digidex
FAQs
The Digidestined
Enemies
Non-Digidestined Charas
Digital Technology
Digivolution
Digimon Legends
Names & Origins
Episode Name Origins
Cody's Digi-Dictionary
Takuya's Quoty-ness
Out of Context
Digital Theories
Weird Stuff
Overview
Gallery
Download Sources
Scans
Episode Guide
Digidestined
Digimon
Non-Digidestined Charas
Digivice iC
Digisoul
Music
Voice Actors - Japanese
Old S5/6 Rumours
Articles
Latest Digi-News
Coming Up / releases
English Movies
Digimon: The Movie
Revenge of Diaboromon
Battle of Adventurers
Runaway Locomon
Island of Lost Digimon
Japanese Movies
Digimon Adventure
Our War Games
Golden Digi-Eggs
Diablomon Strikes Back
The Adventurers' Battle
Runaway Digi-Express
Ancient Digi-Revival
X-Evolution
Online Games
Online Battle Game
Digimon Hangman
Digimon Love Calculator
Story Writer
Zodiac Sign Calculator
PlayStation/2
Digimon World
Digimon World 2
Digimon World 3
Digimon World 4
Battle Cards
Rumble Arena
Grand Prix
Digimon World Data Squad
Lyrics (English)
Lyrics (Japanese)
Lyrics (German)
CD Listings (English)
CD Listings (Japanese)
CD Listings (German)
Music Downloads
MIDIs
A Pokémon Copycat?
Pokémon-Digimon War
The Real-Life Digi-Future
99.9 Percent
4 for 4: Best Goggle Boy
4 - 4: Best Finale Villain
4 for 4: Best Loner
4 for 4: Best Season
TAP: Savers 01
TAP: Savers 02
TAP: Savers 03
Darky: Savers 01
Submit Article/article idx
Takeru's Fanfics
Sora's Fan Art Gallery
Yolei's Classifieds
Kari's Photo Album
Tommy's Digimon Icons
Animated GIFs
Music Downloads
MIDIs
Video Clips
Browsers & Programs
Screensavers
Wallpapers
What's Digimon?
What are Digimon?
The Digimon Story
Digimon Characters
How To Bluff it with Style
Wordsearches
Colour In Digimon
Make a Digivice
Make a D3
Make a D-Power
Make a D-Tector
Make a Digi-pencil tin
Dress up Digitally
Cosplay Guide
The Fallen - Chapter 1

The Fallen

by Darkangemon

Writer's note: This fic is written by me while they are still showing frontier I have only seen Kouichi once in his true spirits

This story is the second in my Trials of Time trilogy (Darkening of Dusk, The Fallen and Power Revolutions)

Introduction

After Lucemon was defeated and Kouichi revived, the Digidestined went back their different lives, Kouji often visited Kouichi and the two brothers became virtually inseparable which was good because Kouichi wasn’t allowed to go back to school for a month after that. This story picks up on the night before Kouichi’s first school day.

Chapter 1

A Startling Surprise

He was the hunter. The wolf his prey.

No time for fear. No time for pain. Only time for the thrill of the chase and the iron will of his destiny pounding through his veins straight to his heart, his heart of Darkness. Sword and Saber crossed as he and his prey locked swords.

“Do it Duskmon, Destroy the light, fulfill your purpose” whispered the wretched voice of Cherubimon echoing through his skull “He stands in your way destroy him now”

“Yes Master I shall” he answered forcing down blood tinted swords, upon Beowulfmon's saber, “it ends here Warrior of light”

The light shifted for a brief instance the face of Kouji filled his mind

Nooo” he screamed

 

All of a sudden the battle changed he stood upon reddened earth staring at the moons facing Lobomon and Mercurymon

“It is decided then? Are you sure of your facts?” asked Lobomon paying no attention to him

“Indeed sir. It appears that despite his return to us, Duskmon cannot shake his addiction, that is why he will neither consort nor help us in the restoration of this place, steel thineself he is becoming dangerous again.” answered Mercurymon his mirror face showing honest concern.

“I had hoped that the loss of so many of our brothers would have helped him realize the ugliness of addiction; but it is obviously not true; we will leave Duskmon here to sort out his addictions away from the world. It is better for all of us that way,”

 

“I am no longer the weakling Lowemon, if I am to survive then I must be reborn for my powers shall surely restore” said a cold harsh voice Kouichi stood paralyzed by the piercing gaze of many eyes “I am coming for you boy, there can only be one”

***

 

Kouichi shot up in his bed a cold sweat beading down his trembling forehead

"What was that?" he gasped drawing in breath after breath, the first bit he knew, it was merely his mental VCR replaying the haunting events of his days as Cherubimon's pawn. But that last part, no that couldn’t be right?

“The warrior of darkness is Lowemon, not Duskmon,” muttered Kouichi closing his eyes, but deep inside he wasn’t so sure any more, the darkness in his heart was awakened again and who knew if he could ever subdue it again.

 

***

Bokomon and Neemon walked along the surface of the Digiworld’s moons trying to enjoy the early morning sunlight, (Well Bokomon anyway, I haven’t the foggiest idea what Neemon was thinking he was doing).

There was an air of tired relief all around them; digimon had begun to return to the slowly restoring Digiworld so that the peace that had once dominated these places was finally returning to reclaim them.

Bokomon sighed contentedly walking up here was to know true peace, for now anyway.

“It sure is nice up here” said Neemon happily dancing a little jig.

“Indeed, things are looking up again, soon everything will be as it once was” replied Bokomon giving a rare smile.

Bokomon’s thoughts drifted across the green grey landscape to the angel rookies playing tag in the dust, Patamon had just caught Salamon.

“Be careful my little baby,” crooned Bokomon affectionately.

“Okay papa-mom,” replied Patamon flapping out of the reach of Salamon's paws, laughing happily as he did.

Bokomon smiled again, and that was the last thing he remembered, because at that moment he tripped and fell over something metal.

“My pants are sure gonna sting when he wakes up,” said Neemon tiredly.

 

***

 

CyberAngemon smiled looking down from the tower of his citadel. Below him digimon scuttled and skittered across the red dusty landscape of Toteritz, a whirlwind of crimson particles swirled hazily through the dead lung trees as the myriad Digimon below him went about their business in an unchanging bustle.

He liked it up here the hassles of  controlling the rest of the fallen, away from the idiocy of their constant whining and incessant bungling that had always been their standard.

“Here’s to hoping its all worth it in the end,” he said softly lifting a glass of wine to his metal clad mouth.

Whut ar you doin up here CyberAngemon?” asked Atlantismon huffily, her long blue hair partially covering her brilliant green eyes.

“Nothing thou needest know about milady, how fairs your task,” retorted CyberAngemon tilting his head towards his companion.

“Zippo hon most of the digimon here are so demoralized they don’t care ‘bout anything, I can’t even get a fan club together for cryin out loud,” said Atlantismon defensively “Why can’t we go back home tuh Aleasea?”

Ah so you wish to try your luck, in a restored digital world, in which we no longer parley favour,” replied CyberAngemon caustically.

“Well if ya put it that way”.

“Precisely”.

There was a long pause as the two angels stared out wordlessly upon the bustling city.

CyberAngemon?”

“Yes milady.”

“Maybe this place aint so bad after all,” replied Atlantismon

 

***

 

Kouichi walked a little slower to school that day, it was his first day back after hospital stay and he was dreading the gauntlet of questions he would have to face, Kouichi had never had many friends, people mistook him for a loner and for the most part left him alone, most people anyway...

Kouichi tried hard to think of anyone that would truly have missed him outside the other digidestined, to his surprise an image of a dark haired girl about a head taller than him appeared in his mind. How could he have forgotten about Sabs so easily?

 

Sabrina McAllister or, Sabs as Kouichi called her, had joined his school two years earlier when her father took up an engineering job in Japan, No one was sure where exactly she came from, but she hadn’t exactly fitted in at school, naturally she and Kouichi had hit it off immediately

 

Kouichi sighed slightly as he entered the school yard several overburdened brain cells sighed with him, school like a safe place after the nightmares that chased him at home, all he wanted was to sleep peacefully seemed, to sleep without the burden of Darkness.

 

He spotted Sabrina across the yard, sitting quietly by herself as usual, as he approached her she stirred a little to look at him.

“Hi Kouichi” greeted Sabrina her face giving a small near invisible kind of smile the kind of smile a very sad person gives to show their really glad to see you

“Hi Sabs it’s really good to see you,” replied Kouichi giving his own small smile it appeared that he wasn’t the only one with problems, Sabrina’s crystal blue eyes were slightly reddened like someone who had been crying all night and then given up in despair. (This was, very nearly what she had been doing).

“What’s wrong Sabrina?” Asked Kouichi kicking himself silently, how could he have forgotten his best friend, the excitement of bonding with his brother had been his only priority during his recovery and now he felt ashamed for it. Sabrina had obviously needed him.

“Nothing Kouichi,” answered Sabrina softly averting her gaze so as not to look him in the eye.

“Don’t tell me ‘nothing’ Sabs, I know you, please tell me what’s wrong?” Asked Kouichi as caringly as he could.

Sabrina looked him right in the eyes a look of intense gratitude contorted across her sad delicate face.

She burst into tears.

Kouichi put his arm awkwardly around Sabrina’s shoulder trying his best giving her a comforting hug.

“Oh Kouichi I missed you” she sobbed “its Melanie she’s gone missing,

The fact struck Kouichi in between the eyes “Oh no,” he uttered at last, Melanie was Sabrina’s younger sister, she was goofy and a little shy but Kouichi was quite fond of her, “that's awful.”

“No ones seen her for ages, she just disappeared, no note, no ransom demands , nothing, ” Sabrina added at last, drying her tears on her sleeve

The bell rang, Kouichi and Sabrina got to their feet slowly.

“We’d better get to class but I want to hear more about this after school okay, or at lunch,” he said giving a Sabrina a ‘don’t you dare avoid me on this’ look, “I’ll stay with you today, okay” he added eventually.

Sabrina nodded her head slightly, her long black hair shimmering with half extinguished tears.

“‘Kay” she mumbled at last, slowly picking up her school bag.

Kouichi walked her wordlessly to her first class allowing his presence to say what his mouth could not.

 

***

 

Lobomon stood at the highest point of the Rose Morning Star castle, his eyes closed in quiet comprehension the air around him swirled with unseen thoughts and action in a world long ago

Lobomon if I might disturb you” said a robed figure appearing out of the shadows actually if you looked close enough you realized the robe held nothing it merely floated in the air like a confused specter who got lost and landed in this fic by accident.

“Yes Reaper, what is it?” asked Lobomon calmly opening his eyes.

“You know!” answered the cloak still uttering no sound.

Yes and we warriors are bound to our word, We are ready to return to the source whenever the time is right.

“The time is right, but one of your warriors is beginning to falter, his selfishness is clouding his judgment,” the cloak whispered soundlessly

“What do you mean Reaper” asked Lobomon his voice filling with worry

Lowemon is falling into shadow again, his guilt was what destroyed him last time, I fear it shall only repeat itself  this time around, you know the law, there can only be one,” answered the cloak

Your not suggesting... He wouldn’t,” replied Lobomon.

“I came to warn you, the boy has a part to play, they all do, the final battle draws closer with every passing hour and the Dark warrior’s obsession will bring only pain and suffering,” stated the reaper ominously.

“I thought he overcame his hunger last time he walked this world” said Lobomon sadly “I thought that he’d truly changed, I guess I placed too much hope in him,”

“It would be best if your brethren returned the spirits to their rightful bearers I feel that the children must be ready for the challenge.

“Agreed it begins all too soon” said Lobomon opening the portal.  

 

***

The fire consumed him burning out every trace of fear and uncertainty there was no time for anything but the now.

“Get back, get away” screamed Cherubimon

“Not Today It’s time to restore peace to this world”

FLASH

All of a sudden he stood in a hall of mirrors light shining in from all sides Agunimon stood before him.

“Welcome Takuya” said Agunimon

“Where am I ?”asked Takuya looking at the legendary warriors relieved eyes

“You are nowhere at all, this is an in between place,  I only needed you to come here a moment so that I can return what is now yours”

“What do you mean?” Asked Takuya

“I cannot remain in this world it is your trial now not mine” said Agunimon

“You haven’t answered my question” cried Takuya looking at the flame warrior.

“I come to return the fire spirits you moron” snapped Agunimon irritably.

“Why?”

“The fallen arise”

“What does that mean?” asked Takuya frustratedly

“I don’t have time for questions, I’ve lingered to long already, take the train at shibuya station at 4 PM .” Said Agunimon fading into obscurity

“How will I know the train?”

“It’s a Trailmon dimwit,” faded Agunimon

“Oh,”

Somebody poked him once twice, three times

“Huh” said Takuya his mind stumbling into the waking world his friend Ryuko withdrawing his elbow quickly.

“Takuya kindly focus your attention on the board” scolded Mrs. Russell her small grey eyes scowling over her owlike spectacles

“Yes Ma'am,” replied Takuya snapping to attention “Was that even real” he  muttered under his breath as the classroom spiraled back into focus.

“Hey Takuya you space out or something” asked Ryuko grinning weirdly at his friend.

“I don’t know Ryuko, I guess” said Takuya drowsily

“Man what is up with you? It’s like you’ve changed dude,”

“You know Ryuko I think I have, I think I have.” Said Takuya writing down his homework.

He’d be there, this was one appointment he couldn’t miss.

 

***

 

The day passed in wordless awkwardness for Kouichi and Sabrina. After her outburst Sabrina had gone to the exact polar opposite, not showing any emotions whatsoever. At lunch she had relayed some details but she had spoken in a detached way as if they had happened to someone else.

It bothered him to see his best friend so disturbed over something, then again if anything happened to Kouji he didn’t know what he would do.

He walked Sabrina home after school, it was out of his way, but he was worried for her and he kind of hoped that she would smile again some sign of an emotion other than hurt.

As they walked, his mind drifted into the obscure world of shadows which he made his mental home until they reached Sabrina’s apartment building.

“Would you like to come in?” Asked Sabrina quietly jolting Kouichi out of his half slumber

“Is it Okay? I mean, you know...” He muttered halfheartedly

“Mom knows you, she knows that had you been conscious you would have helped search” answered Sabrina sadly her voice betraying a hint of the emotions Kouichi had seen that morning.

Sabrina turned the key and both she and Kouichi entered the largish apartment.

Kouichi was used to seeing Sabrina’s living room being covered by Mrs. Mcallister’s latest hobby instead they were covered with posters and pictures of Melanie each with the caption Have you seen me in large font at the bottom.

Sabrina sat down on the couch beckoning for him to sit.

“Where’s your mom?” Asked Kouichi looking around the sad monument to Sabrina’s sister.

“She’s probably sleeping, there hasn’t been much of that in this house recently” replied Sabrina softly.

Sabrina started to sob Kouichi gave her a small hug keeping the pressure up until she stopped Sobbing again.

“What happened Sabrina? Tell me everything,” said Kouichi looking his friend in the eye

“Well it all started when my mom was off shopping, Melanie was watching TV and I was listening to my Evanescence CD, when I came out of my room, she was gone. I thought she’d gone to the store or something, but I couldn’t find her. No ones seen her since, it’s like she vanished. She was my responsibility and I failed.

“Has no one seen her since?” asked Kouichi

 There was one person who said he’d seen her get onto a train, but Melanie knew that she needed me or mom to be with her if she uses the subway,” said Sabrina her eyes misting up again.

“A train, are you sure?” asked Kouichi an impossible thought crossing his mind

“Yes a train, what are you thinking about Kouichi?” Asked Sabrina

“Nothing Sabrina just fever dreams I’m afraid” said Kouichi glancing at the clock above the mantle.

“O my gosh, is that the time?” He cried getting up in a hurry he had to meet Kouji in a little while brother to brother time, they called it, then he looked at Sabrina, he couldn’t just leave her.

“What’s wrong Kouichi,” asked Sabrina drying her eyes on her sleeve.

“I have an important appointment to get to.” said Kouichi quickly

Sabrina’s face changed in an instant, the sadness fell away replaced by a cheeky smile.

“So that’s what you’ve been doing over the last month,” she said slowly her eyes twinkling.

Kouichi nodded

“Aww Kouichikins has a girlfriend, how cute,” she added in a sickly sweet voice her sad eyes narrowing sneakily.

Kouichi shook his head violently He should have known that the one thing that cheered Sabrina up, no matter how sad she was, was teasing Kouichi.

“No Sabrina I don’t have a girlfriend,” he said calmly regaining his composure.

“Sorry I needed something to cheer me up and watching you blush was worth it” replied Sabrina her face returning to it’s usual composure.

“It’s all right I assure you if I get a girlfriend you’ll be the first to know,” said Kouichi rolling his eyes in exhaustion

“Sabrina theres someone I really think you need to meet, can you get away tonight?” He asked her at last as they walked across the room.

“I’ll have to ask my mom,” said Sabrina skeptically.

“Okay I hope to see you later at the ice cream place on 33rd street” said Kouichi getting up

“All right, see ya” replied Sabrina walking him to the door

“Kouichi,”

“Yes”

“Thanks for being there”

“No problem”

Kouichi smiled to himself, Sabrina loved surprises and she would have such a surprise tonight,  she’d be seeing double.

 

***

 

The Pizza in the oven simmered with a thousand sweet smelling flavours, It’s powerful aroma wafting through the entire house.

Zoe sat at the kitchen table her nostrils filling with the fragrance of tomato cheese and bacon, a small butterfly flew by the window.

“What a beautiful afternoon,” she thought to herself as the sunlight lazily played across the small garden.

The doorbell rang.

Now who could that be she wasn’t expecting anybody mind you she did tend to have more visitors since her digiworld experience

She walked towards the front door one eye on the clock

“Who is it?” she asked

“Ivan the terrible” said a young laughing voice

“And Romeo the lost” added an older voice

“Tommy? JP? Is that you guys?” Asked Zoe rushing to the door

“No it’s some other legendary warriors” joked JP

“All right I’m convinced I’ll let you in” laughed Zoe gaily

“Good idea,” said Tommy “it would be real weird if we came all this way and you leave us on the doorstep.”

“What are you guys doing here,”

“We were in the area so we thought we’d visit you,” said JP

“That’s sounds planned if you ask me” said Zoe sneakily

Tommy looked uncomfortable.

“What’s that smell?” asked JP, changing the subject.

“It’s pizza... Oh well, since you're here I guess you can have some.”

“It’s good to be together again, hey Zee,” said JP

“Yeah... I guess it is,” said Zoe, smiling a smile of intense gladness.

 

***

 

Somewhere, all too close to the real world, a dark eye began to see again.

Nothing much as far as I know. D:
Chat
Forums
Guestbook
Online Digimon Game
Oekaki Board
Old Oekaki [archive]
Digimon Nursery
Bandai Teleconference Report
Digimania Test
PW Survey
Imp It Up!
TV Guide
Time Out!
Tagboarders
The Anime Express
Tales from a Trailmon
End of the Line
Save the World
Digidollar Network
Hentai-Free Network
RyuX Network Top 50
Resource Listings
Tutorials
Free Buttons
The Digi-Zone
Apply

Digital Starlight
The Shining Evolution
Digientity
Apply
RyuX Network
Google
Web digivice.net
sign up


sign up




Affiliates
Digidollar Network
TDZ Network
Digimon Community
digital connection ntwrk
Hentai-Free Network
RyuX Network Top 50
Click Here to Visit!
Click Here to Visit!
JK Top 50
Renamon.nl Topsite
Patamon's World is proudly hentai-free!
get patches
FastCounter